Glen Eira FC has implemented the Child Safe Standards and the mandatory reporting guidelines from the Victorian Government’s amendment to the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 (Vic) (“CYFA“) and the Crimes Act 1958 (Vic) (“Crimes Act“).
The Club is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and wellbeing of all children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse. Everyone involved at the Club is responsible for the care and protection of children and reporting information about child abuse.
Working with Children Check
The Working with Children Check assists in protecting children from sexual or physical harm by ensuring that Club staff and volunteers who work with them are subject to a screening process. Read more…
Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Team Managers must provide details and an image of their WWC Check card:
Coming Soon... Submit your WWC to Everproof
The following matters are derived from the Victorian Government’s Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority. These actions are prohibited and may, depending on the specific circumstances, constitute Misconduct in accordance with the FFV GDT:
- ignore or disregard any suspected or disclosed child abuse;
- put a minor at risk of abuse;
- speak to a minor in a way that is or could be construed by any observer as overly harsh, threatening, intimidating, shaming, derogatory, demeaning, or humiliating. Some examples are offensive swearing in the presence of a minor, or intimidatory language and gestures directed at a minor.
- express inappropriate personal views on cultures, race or sexuality in the presence of a minor (unless the minor is a member of your family);
- discuss sexual activities with a minor(unless it is a specific job requirement and the person is trained to discuss these matters, or the minor is a member of your family), or engaging in any sexually-oriented conversations with a minor;
- have contact with a minor outside of Club activities or events without the Club’s knowledge and/or consent;
- have any online contact with a minor (including by social media, email, instant messaging etc) or their family without the Club or Team’s knowledge and/or consent;
- exchange personal contact details such as phone number, social networking sites or email addresses with a minor (unless the minor is a member of your family)without the Club or Team’s knowledge and/or consent;
- using, possessing, or being under the influence of illegal drugs while in the presence of a minor;
- using, possessing, or being under the influence of alcohol while supervising a minor (unless the minor is a member of your family or your contact with the minor is accidental/incidental and you are not performing your professional obligations);
- providing or allowing a minor to consume illegal drugs;
- discriminate against any minor, including because of age, gender, race, culture, vulnerability, sexuality, ethnicity or disability;
- engage in rough physical games (outside of what is reasonably considered appropriate in a Club training session), hold, massage, kiss, cuddle or touch a minor in an inappropriate and or/culturally insensitive way (unless the minor is a member of your family and you comply with all relevant legislation);
- take a minor to their home or encourage meetings outside Club activities or events (unless the child is a member of your family or parental permission has been provided)without the Club or Team’s knowledge and/or consent;
- photograph or video a minor inappropriately, or in circumstances where you have been requested to cease;
- being naked in the presence of a minor (unless the minor is a member of your family);
- possess sexually oriented or morally inappropriate printed materials (magazines, cards, videos, films, messages, clothing, etc.) in the presence of a minor;
- sleep in the same bed, sleeping bag or tent with a minor (unless the minor is a member of your family); and/or
- engage in sexual contact with a minor.
Any violation of this Code of Conduct by a committee member, volunteer, employee, coach, manager, player, parent or guardian or other Club Associate at the Club may be dealt with as a disciplinary matter by the Club, or may be referred to the FFV as Misconduct under the FFV GDT provisions.