Goalkeepers are often the overlooked individual in the team. At Glen Eira FC we have put a goalkeeping program in place to produce our vision of the complete goalkeeper.
Goalkeeping is a crucial and privileged playing position. Glen Eira FC will deliver specific goalkeeping instruction in a professional attitude and demonstrate a useful approach in their training. Our objective is to provide the foundation and grounding goalkeepers need to improve their technical skills to succeed in football.
Glen Eira is dedicated to developing fundamentally sound goalkeepers whom our teams can depend upon.
Glen Eira’s goalkeeper training program runs on Saturday afternoons. There is no cost for the program however please note that each Glen Eira team can only nominate one goalkeeper and that goalkeeper should aim to attend all sessions.
- The program is designed only for the primary goalkeeper in each Glen Eira team.
- The program isn’t designed for part-time keepers who get rotated through the position.
In rare circumstances if a team has two players who are both focussed on becoming good goalkeepers, then both may attend.
- Link for parents to register: Goalkeeper Training Program Sign-Up Form
- Sat 12:00pm-1:00pm Intermediate skill level (indicative age U12 upwards*)
- Sat 1:00pm-2:00pm Introductory skill level (indicative age U9-U11*)
*The age levels in brackets are just a rough indicative starting point. Keepers may be moved into a session which is more appropriate to their skill level. They will develop faster if they are training at their right level.
Lord Reserve, Carnegie (see Home Ground Locations)
- Sat 05-May-2018 Orientation/get-to-know-you session #1
- Sat 12-May-2018 Session #2
- and so on…
- Sat 07-Jul-2018 No Session (Catch Up Round 2 – middle School Hols)
- and so on…
- Sat 18-Aug-2018
No Session(Catch Up Round 3) NORMAL SESSION [updated 16/8]
- Sat 01-Sep-2018: Session #16 (final session)
See Club Calendar for exact dates.