Football Technique School is running a special Goalkeeper Training Program for Glen Eira FC teams. The program runs on Wednesday evenings during the 2017 season.
There is no cost for the program however please note that each Glen Eira team can only nominate one goalkeeper and that goalkeeper should aim to attend all sessions in the program.
- The program is designed only for the primary goalkeeper in each Glen Eira team.
- The program isn’t designed for part-time keepers who get rotated through the position.
In rare circumstances if a team has two players who are both focussed on becoming good goalkeepers, then both may attend.
- Link for parents to register: Goalkeeper Training Program Sign-Up Form
- Wed 6:00pm-6:45pm Introductory skill level (indicative age U8-U10*)
- Wed 6:45pm-7:45pm Intermediate skill level (indicative age U11-U13*)
- Wed 7:45pm-8:45pm Advanced skill level (indicative age U14-U18* & Seniors)
*The age levels in brackets are just a rough indicative starting point. Keepers may be moved into a session which is more appropriate to their skill level. They will develop faster if they are training at the right level.
Mackie Road Reserve, East Bentleigh (see Home Ground Locations)
- Wed 24-May-2017: Orientation/get-to-know-you session
- Wed 31-May-2017: Session 1
- and so on… (no sessions on school hols)
- Wed 23-Aug-2017: Session 12 (final session)