Match Times, Training Times, etc.
- Seniors Teams
- Glen Eira Wheelies
- Glen Eira Rangers
- Girls Football
- Junior Boys Teams U12-U18
- Miniroos Boys Teams U8-U11
- U7 Teams
- 5-6yo Kick-Off
- Glen Eira Budding Referees
Which Age Group am I?
‘Under’ means the age you are under on 1st January
Eg. if you are aged 9yo on the 1st January then you play in U10 that year.
In other words, ‘Under’ means ‘Turning’
Eg. an Under 12 team consists of players who are turning 12 years old in that calendar year.
||2017 Boys Teams
||2017 Girls Teams
|1998 and earlier
|1999||U18 Boys||Senior Women|
Senior Women (or U15/16 Girls if you
haven't played for a club before)
U7 (mixed) or
|2011 - 2012||
See also “No Playing Down an Age“.
What are the selection criteria?
The following factors are taken into account when offering spots in Glen Eira teams. You’ll see it’s not just about the players.
- The player’s ability.
For higher level teams we place more emphasis on ability.
- Having a parent appointed as a coach for the upcoming season.
- Having a parent appointed to another volunteer role for the upcoming season. Examples: team manager, assistant coach, committee member or other club-level role.
- Whether the player was a member of the same team last year.
- Being able to attend on the nights when the team trains.
- The player’s dedication, attitude, attendance and approach to the game and its effect on team spirit.
- The parents’ contributions, behavior & attitude and its impact on the team, the club, the game.
- Having siblings in other teams in the club.
- The family having connections with other team members.
- The player and their parents having an unblemished recent sporting/playing history. Any team, any club, any sport.