How to Join for 2018
All steps must be completed in the order shown below.
Click on 2018 Application Form
Every player has to submit an application, even if you played for Glen Eira in 2017.
Depending on your level, trials are held in Oct & Nov of the previous year and in Feb & Mar of the pre-season period. See What Level am I?
Register & Pay
Register with FFV/MyFootballClub. Pay online.
Teamstuff is how you get information about matches and training.
See the uniforms page under the shop tab.
Click here to see the Fee Schedule.
Match Days, Training Times, etc.
- Seniors Teams
- Glen Eira Wheelies
- Glen Eira Rangers
- Girls Football
- Junior Boys Teams U12-U18
- Miniroos Boys Teams U8-U11
- U7 Teams
- 5-6yo Kick-Off
- Glen Eira Budding Referees
Which Age Group am I?
‘Under’ means the age you are under on 1st January
Eg. if you are aged 9yo on the 1st January then you play in U10 that year.
In other words, ‘Under’ means ‘Turning’
Eg. an Under 12 team consists of players who are turning 12 years old in that calendar year.
||2018 Boys Teams
||2018 Girls Teams
|1999 and earlier
|2000||U18 Boys||Senior Women|
Senior Women (or U15/16 Girls if you
haven't played for a club before)
U7 (mixed) or
|2012 - 2013||
See also “No Playing Down an Age“.
What Level am I?
It is important that kids play at the right level for them. Makes happier players which means they stay in the game longer which means they get the social development and additional life skills which come with being involved in organised team sport.
|Level||Teams||Entry by||Suitable for|
|Elite||FTS Trials in October of the previous year.||The focus of the FTS Development Squads is to provide an environment to maximise player development, ensuring refined techniques, creativity and game insights are transferred into matches (via competitive environment). The players are guided through the relevant age-specific elements of playing a dynamic possession based style of football.|
||Kangas Trials in November of previous year and the Glen Eira Selection Criteria||For talented players who are dedicated and focused on the game and their own development. Must be able to commit to 2 or 3 training sessions per week and should also find time to practice privately in their own time.|
||The pre-season Trials in Feb/March and the Glen Eira Selection Criteria||Suitable for players who are focused on their football and willing to aspire to better themselves. Must be able to commit to 2 training sessions per week.|
||The Glen Eira Selection Criteria||Friendship-based teams for those who are in it for the enjoyment of the game and the improved social outcomes/life skills that come from participating in organised team sport.
Must be able to commit to 90% of matches and 1 training session per week.
The Glen Eira Selection Criteria
The following factors are taken into account when offering spots in Glen Eira teams. You’ll see it’s not just about the players.
- The player’s ability.
For higher level teams we place more emphasis on ability.
- Having a parent appointed as a coach for the upcoming season.
- Having a parent appointed to another volunteer role for the upcoming season. Examples: team manager, assistant coach, committee member or other club-level role.
- Whether the player was a member of the same team last year.
- Being able to attend on the nights when the team trains.
- The player’s dedication, attitude, attendance and approach to the game and its effect on team spirit.
- The parents’ contributions, behavior & attitude and its impact on the team, the club, the game.
- Having siblings in other teams in the club.
- The family having connections with other team members.
- The player and their parents having an unblemished recent sporting/playing history. Any team, any club, any sport.