Glen Eira FC offers junior teams for 12 to 18 year old boys.
See What Age Group am I?
Glen Eira’s junior boys teams compete in the FFV South zone. Matches are played on Sundays from April through late August/ early Sept (school terms 2 & 3). Usual kickoff times are 9am, 10:10am, 11:20am, 12:30pm or 3pm, depending on the age grouping and fixture draw. Older kids play later. From late March onwards, you can click here to view the Fixture Draw.
The season consists of 18 rounds — 9 home matches and 9 away matches.
- Home matches are played at Lord Reserve in Carnegie or Mackie Road Reserve in East Bentleigh.
- Away matches are played against clubs in Melbourne’s south. Travel times are usually 15 to 30 minutes, but you might get one or two per season that are 40 or 50 minutes away.
The training schedule is set by the coach. Training is usually once or twice per week, usually from 7:15pm on Monday to Thursday nights. In-Season* training runs from late March through till early Sept.
*Pre-season training runs up until late March and sometimes occurs on different nights to In-Season training due to the limited ground availability.
From late January, click here to see more details on Training Times.
Click here to see the Fee Schedule.
It is important that kids play at the right level for them. Makes happier players which means they stay in the game longer which means they get the social development and additional life skills which come with being involved in organised team sport.
For dedicated players at the elite level, the FTS Academy offers Development Squads. Trials are around October of the previous year.
- Glen Eira FC offers Kangaroos/A/B-grade teams (high-level) in most age groups for skilled players who are dedicated and focused on the game and their own development. Trials are conducted around November of the previous year.
- In February, there are trials for Wallabies/C/D-grade intermediate-level teams in some age groups. These are a good intermediate level for players who are preparing to step up to Kangaroos-level (A-grade).
- Joeys/E/F-grade (basic skill level) teams are more friendship-based teams for players getting started and also those who are in it for the enjoyment of the game and the improved social outcomes/life skills that come from participating in organised team sport.
Read more at What Level am I?
Click here to see How to Join Glen Eira FC for season 2018. Submitting the application form in step 1 means we will let you know about any potential try-out sessions and how to do the proper sign up if you are successful in gaining a spot in a team.
Rules & Results
From U12 upwards the rules are basically the standard laws of the game which apply the world over. The only difference would be the duration of the halves — instead of 45 mins they might only be 25 or 35 mins. Otherwise it is 11-a-side, full-sized pitch, offside rule applies and paid refs. It’s a big step up from Miniroos (U7-U11).