Glen Eira FC’s ALDI Miniroos Kick-Off is an introductory football (soccer) program for boys and girls aged 5 to 7 years old inclusive.
Glen Eira FC is an accredited Kick-Off site running under the auspices of the national ALDI MiniRoos Kick-Off program. This program is an initiative of the Football Federation of Australia (FFA).
- The 5-7yo program runs on Saturday mornings and consists of skills development practices, including 1v1 contests.
Come for a try-out and if he/she likes it, then you can sign up online. Registered Kick-Off kids get a medal on the club’s Family Gala Day.
The program runs on the following Saturday mornings.
- Saturday, April 6, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, April 13, 2019 Kick-Off
Saturday, April 20, 2019(Break for Easter)
- Saturday, April 27, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, May 18, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, May 25, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, June 1, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, June 8, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, June 15, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, June 22, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, June 29, 2019 Kick-Off
Saturday, July 6, 2019(Mid-year Break)
- Saturday, July 13, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, July 20, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, July 27, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, August 3, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, August 10, 2019 No sessions. Rained out.
- Saturday, August 17, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, August 24, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, August 31, 2019 Kick-Off
- Saturday, September 7th, 2019 Mini-World Cup as part of the Family Gala Day at Glen Eira FC with medal presentations & jumping castles.
What time is 5-7yo Kick-Off?
- ALDI Miniroos Kick-Off sessions run each Saturday morning from 10:00am till 10:45am.
Where is 5-7yo Kick-Off?
- ALDI Miniroos Kick-Off sessions for 5-7yo run at Lord Reserve, Carnegie.
We are on near the public barbecues near the corner of Munro Avenue and Madden Avenue, Carnegie.
Click to enlarge
Boys and girls who turn 5, 6 or 7 during the year are eligible to join the ALDI Miniroos Kick-Off program run by Glen Eira FC.
Slightly younger or older children may also join Kick-Off as appropriate. For example there maybe 8 year olds who haven’t played before and need some introductory skills and familiarity with the game. Or maybe the child’s physical size or skill-level means they’d have more fun in the Kick-Off program than elsewhere.
What to wear/bring?
ALDI Miniroos Kick-Off kids usually buy their own boots and shin guards. Runners are also fine, as long as the soles aren’t too smooth and the grass isn’t too wet.
Remember to bring their water bottles too.
Involvement of Parents
Your help is needed if your kids are to get the most out of their introduction to football. Please try to find ways to contribute… maybe offer to help out by turning up early to help set up, or storing away the equipment, etc.
What if the weather is rotten?
If you don’t hear from the Kick-Off coordinator via text 20 mins before start time, then you should assume the session is on.
If any sessions are completely rained out, we will have catch-up sessions during the holiday break or extend the season a week or two.
How much does it cost?
Click here to see the Fees page..
Compared to U8
- focus is on skills development not match play
- Kids can wear whatever they tops and shorts they like.
- No mid-week training sessions.
What if we’re not sure?
You can come along to any ALDI Miniroos Kick-Off sessions for a free try-out session. If your child likes it and wants to come back then you can go online and join up after that.