Refereeing is a fun and exciting way to be involved with football.
Not only do you get to see all the action from the best position on the field but refereeing will keep you fit, while meeting new and interesting people, and earning money at the same time.
Refereeing also allows you to watch and learn skills from other players, build confidence and responsibility, and also getting a greater insight into the game.
Aims of the program
- To contribute to the development of the game by introducing the next generation to the benefits of refereeing.
- To contribute to the smooth easy running of Glen Eira home matches for parents and players by removing the requirement for parents to ref their own kids matches.
- You need to be turning 12 or older this year.
- You don’t need to be a member of Glen Eira FC
- Applications are welcomed from both boys and girls.
Budding Ref Training Courses
To support our Budding Refs and consolidate and enhance their knowledge and refereeing skills, the club provides free training courses throughout the season for members of the Budding Referees program.
Prospective Budding Refs for next season are also welcome to attend the training courses.
- R3: 06 May 2017 12:30pm (60 mins)
- R7: 10 June 2017 12:30pm (60 mins)
- R12: 22 July 2017 12:30pm (60 mins)
- R16: 19 August 2017 12:30pm (60 mins)
The training courses are an important and essential component to the ongoing development of a Budding Referee. All currently enrolled Budding Refs are required to attend, regardless of experience or qualifications. Budding Refs not in attendance will receive reduced match appointments until they can next attend.
The number of Budding Refs in the program will be capped at 150% of the available jobs. The should ensure the available Budding Refs get enough jobs to make it worthwhile, one hand. At the same time we don’t want to run out of Budding Refs when numbers are down.
Glen Eira Budding Refs enjoy the following benefits
- They get paid (see below).
- They are provided with a Budding Refs top.
- They get matches allocated for most of the times when they indicate they are available.
- The club will cover the cost of any FFV ref courses they undertake.
Budding Ref Payments
Budding Ref Availability
- Budding Refs submit the Budding Ref Availability Form by 6pm Wednesdays
- Budding Refs are advised of their allocated matches by 12pm Fridays
- You ref the matches.
If you don’t ref your allocated matches you miss out on being allocated matches in a future round.
- You get paid promptly via EFT bank transfer
To express interest in joining Glen Eira’s Budding Referees program, please click on the link.
Please contact the coordinator for further information
- Liz Cosgrave
0409 571 196
Glen Eira’s Referee Mentor will assist budding refs with feedback on their performance and help them get through the courses.
- Peter Palatsides
FFV Training Courses
The club will endeavour to host one or more of these courses during at its home grounds during the season.
The club will cover FFV course costs for members its Budding Refs program.
See also FFV Refs.