For U8 – U14 Girls
This page contains information for girls born 2005 – 2011 incl.
Please click below for other age groups
Girls’ Program Objectives
To become the best girls’ football program in Victoria by:
a) giving as many girls as possible the opportunity to play the world’s greatest game;
b) providing the best technical and personal development program, working not only on the girls’ football technique, but also their life skills; and
c) delivering the program in a fun and positive environment.
- Courage – To take risks and push ourselves to be the best we can
- Trust – Trust each other to do our very best
- Empower – Give each other the responsibility to shine
- Teamwork – Working together to produce greater outcomes
- Respect – Respect all those that help us play the beautiful game.
- Humility – Win with dignity, fail with grace
Glen Eira FC is pleased to announce the appointment of John Sugunananthan as Technical Director of Girls’ Football (TDGF).
We are looking for coaches to join our growing Girls Football program. If you are interested, please click on Coaching Opportunities for Girls Teams
Free Girls’ Come & Try Clinics
Training Sessions for Girls
Glen Eira FC is running free Training Programs for girls.
- Eligibility: All girls welcome. No experience required.
- Cost: There is no cost for these sessions.
Venue: Lord Reserve, Carnegie Map
How to Join
Click here to see How to Join Glen Eira FC. Submitting the application form in step 1 means we will let you know about any potential try-out sessions and how to do the proper sign up if you are successful in gaining a spot in a team.Fee Schedule.
U9-U11 High-Level Girls’ Teams
Glen Eira FC is pleased to invite girls to try out for spots in the following High-Level Girls’ teams for season 2019. High-level teams are for talented and committed players who are dedicated and focused on the game and their own development.
- U11 Girls Kangaroos team (High-level)
Glen Eira (Bubs)
- U10 Girls Kangaroos team (High-level)
Glen Eira (Catleys)
- U9 Girls Kangaroos team (High-level)
Glen Eira (Kyahs)
Eligibility: Any girls born 2008-2011 can trial for these high-level teams. It is not restricted to existing Glen Eira FC players, so feel free to let others know.
For the high-level teams, girls will be allowed to play up an age. If they are good enough, they are old enough.
How to Join: Parents must nominate for their daughters to be considered for a spot in one of these teams. Please follow the below steps.
- Submit an Online Application Form and indicate in the comments field that your daughter wants to be considered for a high-level team.
- If you have already submitted a Joining Application, then let Group Coordinator Lindy Francou know that your daughter would like to be considered for a spot in a high-level girls’ team. email@example.com
- We will confirm via email that your daughter will be assessed for a graded team.
- You will be required to attend the training sessions in Term 4 to be assessed. And possibly Term 1 2019 as well.
Hurry: Interested players must complete step 1 above by 11pm Sunday 2nd December. We will start forming teams from Monday 3rd of November and high-level spots could be filled soon after that. We will not be waiting till February to fill the teams unless we have to.
Process: The selection process for these high-level girls’ teams will be based on:
U12 Girls’ Development Squad (GDS)
Aimed at advanced girls who aspire to play at the highest levels.
The Girls’ Technical Director, John Sugunananthan will be head coach of this team. The GDS will be an advanced-level girls’ team, which will play in Sunday boys’ competition in 2019, whilst also participating in numerous girls’ tournaments.
The GDS will seek to fast-track the development of the players selected, and to facilitate pathways for these girls.
GDS and High-Level Teams
- U12 Girls Development Squad (Advanced-level)
Glen Eira (Jacyntas)
- U12 Girls Kangaroos team (High-level)
Glen Eira (Dolphins)
Formal trials have concluded, however there may still be some vacancies. Committed and talented players born 2007-2009 interested in joining must submit an Online Application Form
Players should also attend the Free Training Sessions and advise John Sugunananthan (Technical Director of Girls’ Football) that you are interested in a spot in the U12 High-Level Girls Teams.
Details Sunday 6th April for Girls (u8-u14) parent meeting.
- Location Lord Reserve clubhouse.
- Time 12noon-1:30pm
- Lunch to be provided.
All Girls’ Teams are encouraged to take part in the Girls FC tournament 23-24 March in Bendigo. Please organise your team and book accomodation asap.
Meetings for coaches of Girls’ teams will be held from 7:30pm – 9:30pm on the following dates:
- 8th Feb, 2019
- 8th Mar, 2019
- 12th Apr, 2019
- 10th May, 2019
- 14th Jun, 2019
- 12th Jul, 2019
- 9th Aug, 2019
- 13th Sep, 2019
Please reach out if you have any questions.
Technical Director Girls Football
Mob 0418 156 620
Coordinator for U8-U14 Girls teams
Mob 0488 040 310
Girls’ Program Manager
Mob 0408 578 778
Glen Eira FC’s girls teams compete in the FFV South zone. Matches are played on Sundays from April through August inclusive. Usual kickoff times are 9am, 10:10am, 11:20am, 12:30pm or 3pm, depending on the age grouping and fixture draw. Younger teams play earlier in the day, older teams a bit later.
From late March onwards, click here to view the Fixture Draw.
The season consists of 18 rounds — 9 home matches and 9 away matches.