Glen Eira FC offers teams for girls of all ages and skill levels.
- Advanced-level Development squads (for girls born 2007 or 2008)
- High-level teams (for girls born 2007 or 2008)
- Social teams (all age groups)
- Introductory Program for 5-7yo
Glen Eira FC offers teams for boys of all ages and skill levels.
- Advanced-level Development Squads.
- High-level teams
- Mid-level teams
- Social teams
- Introductory Program for 5-7yo
The Club offers teams for ladies of varying playing abilities.
- For the slightly more serious players (the main focus is still fun and enjoyment) we have an 11-a-side team in the State League.
- We have a 7-a-side team in the Womens Metro Sevens competition for those more interested in the social form of the game.
- Soccer Mums is a fun focussed introduction to the game. #nojudgement #noexperiencerequired #thisgirlcanvic #jointhefun
Glen Eira’s senior teams are for social players who like to get out and have a kick in a structured environment on full-sized pitches with qualified referees, etc. The focus is on enjoyment and player safety, not winning.
We’re multicultural. Age range range is typically 20s/30s/40s. The standard is intermediate.
Other Football Programs
The club offers non-traditional football programs. Click below for more info.
The Glen Eira Selection Criteria
The following factors are taken into account when offering spots in Glen Eira teams. You’ll see it’s not just about the players.
- The player’s ability.
For high-level and mid-level teams, selection is mostly about ability. The other factors below still count but they play a lesser role.
- For social teams U13 upwards, there is still some emphasis on ability however other factors count more.
- For social teams U12 downwards, there is little emphasis on ability, it’s mostly the other factors.
- For high-level and mid-level teams, selection is mostly about ability. The other factors below still count but they play a lesser role.
- Whether the team has a vacancy in the player’s usual playing position.
- Having a parent appointed as a coach for the upcoming season.
- Having a parent appointed to another volunteer role for the upcoming season. Examples: team manager, assistant coach, committee member or other club-level role.
- Whether the player was a member of the same team last year.
- Being able to attend on the nights when the team trains.
- The player’s dedication, attitude, attendance and approach to the game and its effect on team spirit.
- The parents’ contributions, behavior & attitude and its impact on the team, the club, the game.
- Having siblings in other teams in the club.
- The family having connections with other team members.
- The player and their parents having an unblemished recent sporting/playing history. Any team, any club, any sport.
Click here to see the Fee Schedule.
Which Age Group am I?
‘Under’ means the age you are under on 1st January
Eg. if you are aged 9yo on the 1st January then you play in U10 that year.
In other words, ‘Under’ means ‘Turning’
Eg. an Under 12 team consists of players who are turning 12 years old in that calendar year.
||2019 Boys Teams
||2019 Girls Teams
|2000 and earlier
|2001||U18 Boys||U17/18 Girls|
|2002||U17 Boys||U17/18 Girls|
or U8 Girls
|2013- 2014||5-7yo Kick-Off||5-7yo Kick-Off|
See also “No Playing Down an Age“.