No Pay, No Play
Players who haven't paid their registration fee 24 hours prior to kickoff may not play matches for Glen Eira. Applies to all fixtures and tournaments against other clubs. Excludes friendly matches and intra-club friendlies.
This policy reduces the risk borne by the club by ensuring that players have a basic level of insurance coverage from the associations. Section 1.8.2.a. of the FFV’s Rules of Competition states:
All Players taking the field of play (or training) must be insured through FFV’s Insurer (or as otherwise allowed by FFV). The Player’s insurance will be collected by FFV at the time of Player payment for registration via the Club Finance System (refer to the Summary of Cover as posted on FFV Website for policy details).
The policy also reduces the administrative overhead of chasing unpaid or partially paid players for their fees.
No Playing Down an Age
Players from U8-U18 must play in their own age group or above.
Exclusions: - Players granted medical dispensation by FFV - Players granted age dispensation by FFV because they haven't played with a club before. - Players granted special grounds dispensation by the Glen Eira FC committee.
Going from U12 to U13 is a big step up for players. In U13 they play in 11-a-side teams on a full-sized pitch with professional refs, the offside rule applies and most notably, age limits are enforced by the Football Federation.
This means any 13 year olds who were still playing in U12s because that’s where their mates were, are up for the high jump all the way to U14. The jump from 12 to 13 is hard enough, but to go from 12 to 14 means many players will just leave the game. Ouch.
The longer we leave it, the harder it gets to make the jump. This policy aims to keep kids in the game for longer by requiring kids to play in their right age group (or above) right from the outset when they are 5/6/7/8 years old.
See also Which Age Group am I?
Equal Game Time
Players who attend at least 80% of the normal training sessions shall receive equal game time. Up to U12 it applies to every match. From U13 upwards it applies over the course of the season.
See also Squad Sizes.
Juniors don’t subsidise Seniors
Club funds generated by junior teams shall not be used to subsidise the operation of senior teams.
Senior teams can be expensive to run. In order to fulfill the club’s aim of providing as much opportunity as possible to play football, we need to keep the fees down and this is easier if the senior teams are financially independent.
Training Expectations – Kangaroos/A-Grade
Players in Kangaroo level/A-Grade teams are expected to attend 2 training sessions per week. Any Kangaroo player unable to regularly attend one of their own team’s training sessions due to other commitments, should make up their second session by training with another team each week.
Borrowing Players Policy
Players may not play for another team unless their coach and parents consent.
This policy is designed to prevent teams being destabilised by the unexpected tiring/injury/loss of their players because they are playing for someone else.
Teams wishing to borrow players from another team should seek permission from the coach of that team first. If the coach consents then you still need to clear it with the player’s parents as well.
See also Player Shortages.
Shin guards must be worn at training.
Extreme Weather Policy
The club follows the Extreme Weather Policy of the FV.
Highlights of this policy are:
- Heat: For Matches: If the forecast maximum temperature on the day before a match is for 36ºC or above, postponement of fixtures should be considered as a real possibility. For Trainings [only applies to teams up to and including U16] Training sessions should be cancelled if the temperature during the training session exceeds 36ºC.
- Hail: All outdoor activity should be suspended during hail storms so that players and officials can seek suitable shelter.
- Lightning: If the time between lightning flash and the thunder sound is less than 30 SECONDS then outdoor activity should be suspended, and not resumed until 30 MINUTES after the last thunder.
- Cold: Minus 2 degrees Celsius (Apparent Temperature) is the point where play should be suspended for wind chill factor.
Every 5-7yo Kickoff participant is provided with a Participation Medal on Family Gala Day.
Every U7 to U12 player is provided with a Participation Trophy on Family Gala Day. Excludes Development Squads
For teams U13 upwards, the Team Manager may choose from either a) 2 or 3 larger merit-based trophies as awards, or b) a participation medal for every player, or c) a $100 cash contribution towards the team's end-of-season celebration.
Tournament entry fees are to be covered by the participants.
In the past the club covered/subsidised tournament entry fees to encourage teams to participate in tournaments. This has been withdrawn because:
- it was expensive (and not really fair that kids who didn’t attend were helping to pay for kids who did attend)
- an incentive to attend tournaments isn’t required any more. Glen Eira FC now has more than enough teams willing to participate in tournaments at their own expense.
Certification of Coaches
All Glen Eira coaches should hold a current coaching certification appropriate for the age level of their team.
See also Coach Education.
In the event of an acceptance deposit being placed with the club in a Boys’ NPL, Development Squad or a Graded Team, no refund will be provided.
Requests for a partial or full refund of membership fees should be emailed to treasurer@GlenEiraFC.com.au
The following considerations will be taken into account.
- Registration costs incurred by the club, for example FFA/FV player fees, will generally not be refunded.
- If a player requests a refund before playing 5 matches in the season, a partial refund may be offered. The Club will evaluate the circumstances of the request and decide on the outcome.
- After 5 matches have been played, no refund will be provided. A partial refund may be offered if extenuating circumstances (e.g. serious illness or injury, moving away, etc).
- Where a player’s membership is terminated by the Club for disciplinary reasons, no refund, regardless of other circumstances will be paid.
- Memberships are not transferable between players.
- Click to access the current Constitution.
Club Policies are to be read in conjunction with the Club Constitution. In the event of conflict, the constitution shall take precedence.